The 35mm DD Hub motor is the pinnacle of efficiency and a great compromise of relatively low weight and incredible performance in a clean hub motor package.
The 35mm DD Hub motor is a common motor design, similar to the "Edge" motor. We specify the internals of the motor for maximum efficiency and heat management. Our Specifications include:
- Cast Aluminum stator body (acts as a heat sink to even out brief power spikes)
- 0.35mm lamination (improves motor efficiency to about 90% peak)
- 2.5mm2 (~13AWG) phase wires allows the motor to accept higher currents)
- M14 Axles for improved durability and strength
- 135mm wide drop-out sizing to allow room for freewheels and brake calipers
- N38 Curved Magnets (improves the torque density of all windings)